stories

Saturday, February 15, 2014

In the works...

So I've decided to write a novel.

Originally, I was going to write a short story based on a writing prompt provided by Ethan Smith (who, incidentally, doesn't take enough credit for the idea). I kind of fell in love with the characters and the story just kept growing. So I kept writing it. It just kept growing until realized that it couldn't be a short story.

I have the entire first book plotted and the--tentative--ending of the second book written. The first draft should be done by mid-March. What I have so far is the first five chapters, the outline up to chapter fifteen, the ending and the main fight scene. I'm estimating it to end at around 100,000 words (more or less if needed... the story will just grow as it needs).

Now will anything come of it? Pfft! I don't know. I'm going to make attempts to get it published. If that doesn't work out, I'll publish it on Amazon for free.

No matter what happens with, I love the story. I can see it playing out in my mind when I think about it, and I know how each character will react to any situation. Best of all, I'm having fun writing!!

The story takes place in the fictional world of Armain (hats to Martin Young and the phenomenal world he created all those years ago).

The story is about two warring brothers--Weiss and Alessandro. The world views Weiss as powerful, ruthless and evil, while Alessandro is considered powerful, just, lawful and good. Weiss kills Alessandro and claims his holdings, but before he can take over and rule his new kingdom, he has to keep a mutual promise he and his brother made. Whomever ultimately wins their feud, would take his brother to their homeland for burial.

So, I'm gonna stop writing this and go work on that... and re-watch the Exorcist in the background.




No comments:

Post a Comment